background

Friday, March 8, 2013

Just Another Manic Friday

It's been a busy couple of days and I have a great post I want to write about evening Thursday night and how one night can change so many things but I want to able to do it justice and today was just not that day. I was going non-stop until late this evening or I guess it would be yesterday now since it is 1 in the morning on Saturday. So in this late hour I'll leave you with another poem or two and write my story tomorrow. to all my night owls reading: what do you like to do in the late hours that you only do at that time? leave it below in the comments!

Late Night Thoughts
As I sit here, one thought after another
tumbles through my head
the quite pounds in my ears
whispering the dark secrets 
the daylight hides.
That voice that hides from the noise
creeps back in my head
during the silence of the night
taunting me with thoughts
of regret, longing, and confusion. 


Click, Pound,Think
click click click goes the keys.
pound pound pound go the fingers.
I sit here clicking and pounding away
writing then deleting writing then deleting.
thinking and thinking
is that the right word?
does that comma go there?
did I spell that correct?
what was my next thought?
how do I put this in words?
there's therapy in the steady 
click, click. pound, pound.
It's soothing when all you hear is
the steady melody of your fingers.
trying to write what the mouth can not say
trying to find the write order of words
the right emotion and nuance of language
to express those exact thoughts at that exact moment.
click click click.
pound pound pound.
think.
write write write.
think
delete delete delete.
think.
the melody may be right but
the words may never be able to
say the thoughts that stay in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment