background

Monday, May 13, 2013

Two steps forward and two steps back

It's always two tiny steps forward and two large steps backwards. I just can't seem to get my life together. Just when I feel like progress is being made I feel like I am being blown backwards. You know those giant wind tunnels where you fight to get to the door or end of the tunnel? I feel like I am stuck in one of those and I make it a few feet closer but am always blown back after each little bit of progress so I have to start over again. The end of the tunnel is a long ways away and some days, I think I won't ever reach it. All I can do is get up off my butt and fight against the wind again and maybe just maybe I'll reach the door this time.


I fight to reach you not knowing
what's on the other side of you
just when I think I'm there the wind
catches me and blows me back
I have to start my trek all over
again in hopes of reaching you this time
the other side of you has got to be better
than the side i'm stuck fighting on.
it must be peaceful over there the
calm after the storm I fought to get across.

No comments:

Post a Comment